To post job/internship opportunities, employers must email BioHealth.info@Maryland.gov a request to post a job/internship link which includes the link to the job description (including application instructions, and the point of contact’s name, title, organization address, phone and email.)
- Multiple Positions – Maryland DHMH (1/23/15)
- Multiple Positions – Paragon Bioservices (1/21/15)
- Senior Scientist (Microbology) – KamTek, Inc. (1/19/15)
- Multiple Positions – ClinicalRM (1/15/15)
- Production Technician III – MedImmune (1/5/15)
- Lead Production Technician – MedImmune (1/5/15)
- Director (or VP) for Clinical Devlopment – Intralytix (12/30/15)
- Manager, MS&T – MedImmune (12/28/15)
- Regulatory Affairs/Quality System – WellDoc (12/22/15)
- Director – FITCI (12/21/15)
- Multiple Positions – Elixirgen (12/18/15)
- VP, US Regulatory Affairs (WP) – USP (12/15/15)
- Marketing Manager – ExeGi Pharma (12/1/15)
- Clinical Research Specialist – EMMES (11/30/15)
- Customer Service Manager – ExeGi Pharma (11/24/15)
- Director of Sales & Marketing – ExeGi Pharma (11/24/15)
- Associate Director of Product Development – BioFactura, Inc. (11/20/15)
- General Secretary, Research Scientist – FZata (11/16/2015)
- Quality Specialist I, Biologics – BioReliance (11/9/2015)
- Lab Manager, Analytical Chemistry – BioReliance (11/9/2015)
- Report Writer, Toxicology – BioReliance (11/9/2015)
- Scientist, Microbiology – BioReliance (11/9/2015)
- Multiple Positions – FNL (NCI) (11/4/2015)
- Multiple Positions – GSK (11/2/2015)
- Multiple Positions GeneDx – (10/28/2015)
- Senior Scientist/Director – Translational Technologies Intl (10/19/2015)
- Multiple Positions – Opgen (10/13/2015 )
- Multiple Positions – Personal Genome Diagnostics (10/1/15)
- Training Specialist (Senior) – MedImmune (9/29/15)
- Multiple Positions – Sidus BioData (9/27/15)
- Multiple Positions – SNBL (9/18/15)
- Scientific Software Engineer – Sonavex, Inc. (9/15/15)
- Statistician – BioStat Solutions, Inc. (BSSL) (9/15/15)
- Multiple Positions – Vheda Health (9/15/15)
- Electronics Engineer – Vasoptic Medical (9/3/15)
Don’t miss the next industry event! Check out our calendar for a list of Bio events.
Maryland’s colleges and universities offer dozens of biohealth technology certificate, two and four year and advanced degree, continuing education and specialized training programs in fields ranging from nanotechnology to biomedical engineering, biotechnology manufacturing to clinical trials project management. A sampling of life sciences related programs are listed below. For more questions, or specific training needs, please contact the Maryland Department of Commerce’s Office of BioHealth and Life Sciences for more information.
Four Year Colleges and Universities:
The continuing growth of Biotechnology companies is dependent upon the level of training and education and skills of their workers. Maryland’s colleges and universities not only offer a wealth of biotechnology education and training programs, but also most will customize training targeted to specific needs. A number of private and nonprofit organizations also offer training. These programs include:
Training modules developed with industry input from board with large industry representation. In addition to designing training modules based in industry input, BioTRAIN staff work closely with Montgomery College’s other Biotechnology certificate degree and programs to place students.
Biotechnical Institute (BTI)
Free skill-based scientific training provided to qualified adult high school graduates who are unemployed or underemployed to become entry-level biotechnicians/lab techs. BTI partners with Baltimore CC and has a successful placement record.
The Foundation for Advanced Education in the Sciences (FAES)
An array of management and leadership development seminars and workshops provided to help the medical science and public health community to advance their professional knowledge. FAES offers 120+ courses in 12 departments.
Maryland Tech Connection (MTC), operated out of Anne Arundel Workforce Development Corporation
Biotechnology and IT training for long term unemployed “blending industry-led training and work and learn strategies with strong job seeker wrap-around supports.” The program serves 12 counties and the city of Baltimore, and includes 59 partners.
INCUBATORS & RESEARCH PARKS
Companies looking to open their first office in Maryland have a wide variety of incubators (with lab space and without wet lab space) to choose from. Use our incubator search tool to find the right space for you. Several of the incubators are housed in research parks where they have ample room to grow and leverage the park’s resources. Browse through Maryland’s research parks for a snapshot of what is available.
The Maryland Department of Commerce’s Office of BioHealth and Life Sciences provides free access to market research databases for Maryland biohealth entrepreneurs developing business plans and funding applications. These databases include information regarding licensing opportunities, target markets, competition, valuation, FDA approval status, clinical trials, and more.
- BioMedTracker – provides clinical trial information and analyst reviews—including overall likelihood of FDA approval–in a searchable database. Reports also include commercial potential for drugs with 0-year revenue projections for the U.S., Europe and Japan.
- Frost and Sullivan – provides market assessment and competitive analysis in healthcare: pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology, drug discovery technologies, clinical diagnostics, healthcare IT, medical imaging, and medical devices.
- MedTrack – provides pipeline, financial, competitive product, mechanism of action, sales, partnering, and patent information which can be sorted by parameters such as disease, competitive products, or clinical trial stage. A clickable list of leading venture finance rounds also is available.
- Recap – Deloitte Recap provides information regarding alliance formation and lifecycle, deal valuations and contract analyses to assist with the development of partnering strategies and deal terms.
These databases are available only to bona-fide entrepreneurs/faculty innovators based in Maryland (consultants excluded). To access these databases at the Department of Commerce’s offices in Baltimore or Rockville, please contact us at BioHealth.firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment in advance.